in Glendale, CA
Proudly Serving the Greater
Los Angeles Area
Although many people have heard of fumigation, they might not be familiar with what it entails. Termite fumigation is a type of pest control that involves enclosing a structure in a tent and filling the space with lethal gas to eliminate an infestation.
The fumigant we use is usually sulfuryl fluoride, which penetrates wood and other materials and kills termites at all life stages, including eggs. The process can take between a few hours to a week, during which nobody in your household or building can enter the premises. Once complete, we remove the tent and let the building air out until it is safe again to re-enter.
Fumigation is one of the most effective methods for eliminating severe or widespread termite infestations. It is important to only trust a licensed and experienced pest control company to perform this service.
At Tri-Pacific Termite, we have been in the termite control business since 1972 and are licensed by the state of California to safely perform our Glendale termite fumigation services. If you have an infestation that you need to stop right in its tracks, contact us. We will be glad to schedule a convenient time to fumigate your property, doing all that we can to safely eradicate the insects while minimizing our disruption.
Get a free estimate by calling (818) 482-2224 or connecting with us online.
When Is Termite Fumigation Necessary?
Fumigation is not always necessary. If only a small area of your building has been affected by these pests, localized treatments are effective options. Unfortunately, there are many cases when things like bait stations or wood treatments are not robust enough to eliminate termite colonies. To understand exactly when fumigation would work best, you should consult with one of our professionals. We can perform an inspection that will give you the necessary information to make the best decision about how to treat your infestation.
Tri-Pacific Termite Co. is your most reliable choice when it comes to termite services. Give us a call at (818) 482-2224 or contact us online to get started.
“If you need a termite inspection or work done, you can't do any better.”- Girolamo C.
How to Prepare for Termite Fumigation
If it is apparent that you should fumigate your property, there are several steps you should take to ensure the process goes smoothly.
- Arrange to be away for the fumigation period. When you work with us, we will let you know how long the process should take so you can plan to be out of your property.
- While it might be no surprise that you should take all pets with you, it is smart to take your plants with you as well. Any living thing that is valuable to you ought to not be in your building during fumigation.
- Seal or remove any food or medicine. If you plan to consume anything post-fumigation, ensure that it is out of the building or that it is in an airtight container.
- Open all doors and clear anything that could block areas that need to be fumigated.
- Contact your gas company to have them turn your gas off before fumigation and on after you have been cleared to re-enter your property.
Should you have other concerns about what to do leading up to your fumigation, let us know! We would be happy to work with you to ensure the process is as stress-free as possible.
For termite fumigation services in Glendale, Pasadena, The Foothills, or across The Greater Los Angeles Area, call us today at (818) 482-2224 or connect with us online.